Conference Facility Reservation Information - 440 First Street
Conference Facility & Loading Dock reservations may be made up to three months in advance and are subject to availability during the regular hours of operation, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Conference Center Facilities availability excludes recurring usage for weekly and monthly meetings. Tenants use and scheduling will be monitored closely to ensure any misuse of the policy.
Room Descriptions & Uses: Please click here to view the Conference Room Configurations Chart
To make a reservation for the Conference Room, Roof Deck or Loading Dock, please Submit a Conference Room Request. If you require more information, please contact George Franco at (202)-868-4259 or via email email@example.com. Once the completed form has been submitted and reviewed, the room will be reserved for your event (subject to availability). Click here to submit a Conference Room Request
Wireless Television Connection:
The Conference Center is equipped to connect your Laptop to the television wirelessly. The Connection cables are available at the security desk and must be signed out and in upon completion of use.
For events that will require overtime HVAC usage or additional charges, the tenant will be billed back in your monthly statement.
- Overtime HVAC Rates: $28.26 / hour November 1st - March 31st and $57.96 April 1st - October 31st (Subject to adjustment per Landlord)
- Clean Up Fee: If the tenant fails to clean the Conference Center after each time, the fee will be $100 or the actual costs, not to exceed $500.00. Cleaning the room includes resetting the room if furniture has been removed or rearranged by the tenant.
Changes & Cancellations:
Changes to the reservation (start and/or end times, furniture set-up, number of attendees, etc.) are to be submitted to the Administrative Assistant no less than 48 hours prior to the event.
If you will be holding a catered event with a large caterer, please schedule a meeting between the caterer and Property Management. This will assure that the caterer's plans are in line with the policies and procedures of catering in the Conference Center.
Click here to view vendor and contractor insurance requirements.
All deliveries must come through the loading dock. Elevator and floor protection may be required depending on the type of event. All deliveries must be coordinated with Management.
If any alcohol will be served at the event, Tenant shall at all times comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to obtaining any and all licenses, permits and approvals required in connection with service of alcohol during the event.
Smoking is not permitted inside the building or Conference Center. If you wish to smoke, you must be 25 feet away from the building.
RMR reserves the right to require security for any event at the expense of the tenant.
Repair and Return of Facility:
RMR, the tenant, and the caterer/vendor shall conduct an inspection to note property condition. Any deficiencies noted prior to the event shall be logged and identified as existing. Any damages noted after the event shall also be logged and assessed. At this time, RMR shall exercise their right to repair any damages and collect reimbursement costs from the tenant within 30 days of the occurrence. If a tenant does not reimburse the landlord for the costs, Conference Center privileges will be revoked/suspended.
Tenant agrees to clean up the Conference Center at the end of the Event and to properly dispose of all trash. Tenant agrees that its use of the Conference Center may not interfere with the operation of the Property or other tenants´ use thereof. In addition to any provisions in its lease with the owner of the property, Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless RMR, and their respective affiliates, from and against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities or expenses incurred (including attorney´s fees) as a result of Tenant´s use of the Conference Center.
Certificate of Insurance:
All vendors providing services for the event (including but not limited to Caterers, AV Technicians, and Clean-up staff) must provide an updated Certificate of Insurance at least 48 hours prior to the event commencement date.
- Comprehensive General Liability - Said coverage shall have limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage, including coverages for personal injury, contractual liability, operation of mobile equipment, products/completed operations and liquor law liability.
- Workers´ Compensation - Coverage shall comply with all State and Federal requirements and will be in the statutory required limits. All employees of the vendor must be covered by Workers' Compensation.
- Employers Liability - Coverage shall be placed with limits not less than $1,000,000 per incident.
- Automobile Liability - Coverage shall be acquired for all owned, non-owned hired and leased vehicles of vendor, including the loading and unloading thereof. Limits not less than $1,000,000 per each occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage shall be maintained.
- Alcohol Insurance - if you will be serving alcohol at your event, you must obtain a one-time insurance rider to your policy from your insurance company to cover the event and provide to building management.
If a guest is found to be in possession of illegal drugs or illegal firearms, RMR has the right to terminate the event immediately.
Taping or otherwise affixing signs or other items on the walls/room number signs is prohibited due to the possible damage or scarring.
No throwing of rice, confetti, or glitter inside the facility.